In these times of a worldwide pandemic many people want to know, What does the Bible say about Covid in 2022? Keep reading to find out what God says about crisis, fear, and hope.
These COVID-19 related Bible story sets were gathered by the 24:14 Network, a global community to finish the Great Commission, which Zúme Community is proudly participating with.
These Coronavirus related Bible verses cover topics of hope in times of pandemic, fear, why do things like the coronavirus happen, and where God is in this pandemic. Check out the 24:14 Network Site for more information.
Hope During the Coronavirus Crisis
Why do things like a pandemic happen?
- Genesis 3:1-24 – Adam and Eve’s rebellion curses people and the world
- Romans 8:18-23 – Creation itself is subjected to the curse of sin
- Job 1:1 through 2:10 – There is an unseen drama playing out behind the scenes
- Romans 1:18-32 – Humanity reaps the consequence of our sin
- John 9:1-7 – God can be glorified in all situations
What is God’s response to a broken world?
- Romans 3:10-26 – All have sinned, but Jesus can save
- Ephesians 2:1-10 – While dead in our sin, God loves us with great love
- Romans 5:1-21 – Death reigned since Adam, but now life reigns in Jesus
- Isaiah 53:1-12 – Jesus’ death prophesied hundreds of years before
- Luke 15:11-32 – God’s love pictured towards a distant son
- Revelation 22 – God is redeeming all creation and those who trust in him
What is our response to God in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic?
- Acts 2:22-47 – God calls you to repent and be saved
- Luke 12:13-34 – Trust in Jesus, not in earthly safety nets
- Proverbs 1:20-33 – Hear God’s voice and respond
- Job 38:1-41 – God is in control of all things
- Job 42:1-6 – God is sovereign, humble yourself before him
- Psalm 23, Proverbs 3:5-6 – God lovingly guides you – trust in Him
- Psalm 91, Romans 14:7-8 – Trust God with your life and your eternal future
- Philippians 4:4-9 – Pray with a thankful heart, and experience God’s peace
- Psalm 16 – God is your refuge and your joy
What is our response to people in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis?
- Philippians 2:1-11 – Treat one another as Jesus treated you
- Romans 12:1-21 – Love one another as Jesus has loved us
- 1 John 3:11-18 – Love one another sacrificially
- Galatians 6:1-10 – Do good to all people
- Matthew 28:16-20 – Share the hope of Jesus with everyone
Seven Bible Stories of Hope
- Luke 19:1-10 – Jesus comes into a home
- Mark 2:13-17 – Party at Levi’s house
- Luke 18:9-14 – Who does God listen to?
- Mark 5:1-20 – The ultimate quarantine
- Matthew 9:18-26 – When social distance does not apply
- Luke 17:11–19 – Remember to say ‘thank you!’
- John 4:1-42 – Hungry for God
Six Bible Stories of Victory Over Fear
- 1 John 4:13-18 – Perfect love casts out fear
- Isaiah 43:1-7 – Do not fear
- Romans 8:22-28 – All things work for good
- Deuteronomy 31:1-8 – God will never leave you
- Psalm 91:1-8 – God is our refuge
- Psalm 91:8-16 – God will rescue and protect
Related Article: Church Planting Movement COVID-19 Response Resource Links